Associate Operations Data Management Officer, International UNOPS, I-ICA 1
UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
- The international obligations of Turkey and its national legislative framework on asylum have shaped the form of the current collaboration with UNHCR. During the last 54 years, UNHCR and Turkey have been working together in close partnership. Turkey has provided the asylum space for persons seeking refuge, and UNHCR has assisted Turkey to determine who is in need of international protection and to enable access to rights by these persons. As the main partner of the Turkish State in the field of international protection, UNHCR Turkey continues to provide legislative and technical support as well as institutional capacity building support to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) and other national institutions.
- As regard Syrian nationals who are hosted in Turkey under a Temporary Protection (TP) framework for Syrian nationals, refugees and stateless, UNHCR’s work is to support the authorities through the provision of technical assistance and strong public advocacy for enhanced responsibility sharing.
- UNHCR in Turkey also registers asylum-seekers, conducts RSD under the Mandate of the High Commissioner for all non- Europeans (with the exception of Syrians), intervenes to strengthen the protection environment and access to social support mechanisms, and endeavors to find durable solutions for the most vulnerable amongst those who are recognized as refugees provided they meet the criteria of the resettlement countries.
- UNHCR in Turkey operates through a branch office in Ankara, with field offices in Gaziantep, Istanbul and Van, as well as field units.
- To find our more information about UNHCR, please visit our website.
- The Associate Operations Data Management Officer is responsible for the management of data collection and reporting activities in field operations. The incumbent liaises with relevant Officers in the regional hubs or sections in headquarters, as applicable, for technical guidance on data management. He/She may supervises some support staff on a day to day basis
- UNHCR Assistance database (RAIS) is maintained with high quality so that it will be used for the operational planning and producing relevant reports and statistics.
- UNHCR has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- UNHCR registration and ProGres database are maintained with high quality so that it will be used for the operational planning and producing relevant reports and statistics.
- Be responsible for the assistance database (RAIS), oversee data input and reporting in close collaboration with other officers (protection, registration, program, inter-agency coordinators, etc.).
- Promote the use of RAIS through UNHCR offices & UNHCR partners
- Configure & set up the RAIS system according to the operational needs
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of RAIS with the Protection unit, the Program unit, the Cash Based Intervention Unit, the Reporting Unit, etc. including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Conduct data assessment & Import relevant data set in RAIS & in the UNHCR registration database progress.
- Analyse and respond to report requests from UNHCR staff, local governments, partners, donors, Regional Office and Headquarters.
- Facilitate and /or undertake additional data collection activities including planning and coordinating data collection methodologies and analysis with relevant staff of other offices in the country, Regional Hub and/or Headquarters, as applicable.
- Assist in training of UNHCR staff as well as staff members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- Liaise with Headquarters & regional office on new reporting requirements and procedures as needed; conduct data collection audits in order to ensure that no unnecessary data collection is occurring and to ensure that all necessary data is being captured; assist in development of new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms; and create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- May be required to coordinate with GIS officers to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS as necessary.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
- Assist in compiling and calculating statistics for indicators, and other standard, annual, periodic and special statistical reports.
- Assist all units in creation, design and maintenance of database and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Liaise with Headquarters & regional office to prepare the migration to proGres version4
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Authorize updates and amendments of RAIS data and the RAIS SOP.
- Authorize updates and amendments of proGes data and the proGres SOP.
- Design operational reports, statistics, and other relevant data collection forms.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- University Degree in Statistics, Economics, IT or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological awareness.
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with RAIS and assistance system.
- Familiarity with ProGres and registration system.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Technical GIS knowledge.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) and its supplementary pages, if applicable; motivation letter, CV and copies of your diplomas, by e-mail with “Your LAST name – UNOPS, Associate Operations Data Management Officer ” in the subject line to: TURANREC@unhcr.org by 31/03/2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. International UNOPS monthly net salaries are between US$4,077 and US$5,769 depending on relevant experience. Please visit UNOPS portal to find out more about the organization and remuneration package.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).