Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The Private Sector Development Specialist will be based in Dushanbe and will be responsible for supporting T&C’s portfolio in Tajikistan as well as contributing to the wider T&C work in Central Asia.
- The role of the Private Sector Development Specialist will focus primarily on the large investment climate portfolio in Tajikistan, but the successful candidate should also have the ability to provide cross support to another T&C focus area such as competitive industries, trade, or entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Private Sector Development Specialist will be responsible for a wide array of activities related to World Bank Group operations – both lending and advisory delivered through the Trade and Competitiveness Global Practice (T&C). Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead technical assistance in the area of investment policy in Tajikistan through the Business Regulation and Investment Policy Project including coordination with regional and global experts, managing government relationships, and meeting all reporting and operational requirements
- Support T&C’s contribution to youth entrepreneurship and public private dialogue in Tajikistan
- Support T&C in contributing to Tajikistan’s country strategy process including the upcoming PLR and SCD preparation
- Participate in missions in area of specialization and participates in discussions regarding advice to clients
- Contribute to the development of KM resources in the selected technical area
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties
- As needed, serve as a liaison with clients in the Government of Tajikistan, other development partners, the private sector, and civil society
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the private sector or in private sector development oriented projects/ organizations
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of T&C’s focus areas with some track record of technical content production in the focus area
- Excellent writing skills in English and the ability to independently research and produce analytical work
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate these data in presentation format
- Proven ability to work independently to manage delivery of a complex work program with several different focus areas under time pressure
- Excellent communications and team skills and a track record of successfully coordinating delivery of tasks among different teams
- Experience working with government counterparts and dealing with high level officials
- Knowledge of the World Bank Group policies, procedures, and operational systems are a strong advantage
- Demonstrated experience with project management including work planning, and budgeting, M&E, and reporting systems
- Fluency in English and Russian (Tajik desirable)