Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. For more information,
The Infrastructure and Natural Resources (INR) Industry is one of IFC’s key strategic priorities. The team delivers financial and technical support to clients in the power, transport, telecoms, municipal & environmental infrastructure, oil and gas, and mining sectors, from IFC’s own Balance Sheet and through mobilization of other capital. IFC also seeks to be at the cutting-edge of helping member countries find solutions to new and emerging infrastructure and natural resource issues.
The Infrastructure and Natural Resources Industry is looking to recruit an Associate Portfolio Officer to join its core infrastructure business team to be based in Delhi /Bangkok
The Associate Portfolio Officer will support the INR Asia Portfolio Managers, the portfolio team and investment staff in all aspects of supervision and management of INR investments in the region.
Role & Responsibilities :
- The specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the two INR Asia Portfolio Managers on portfolio analysis, compliance, administration, reporting and operational risk management.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports that include analysis of trends over time, key issues, and areas of potential concern.
- Support the preparation of monthly Portfolio Actions reports, Quarterly Portfolio Review reports etc. for departmental use, and prepare and provide materials for portfolio review meetings (debt/equity reviews) and quarterly Loss Reserves meetings.
- Prepare brief documents summarizing insights from portfolio reviews and reporting to identify improvement opportunities and best practices.
Stay Abreast of Context
- Monitor sector, country and macro conditions as well as social and political information that are relevant to assigned portfolio.
- Analytical and Monitoring Support
- Assist the team in analyzing trends and extracting lessons from the portfolio.
- Preparation and semiannual updates of IFC’s Equity Sales Plan for the unit and analyze equity risk/return performance of the profit center as needed.
- Prepare annual dividend projections; update dividend projections module as per projected dividends.
- Monitor the unit/Profit Center transactions and profitability (debt service, dividends, fees, equity sales proceeds, RAROC etc.), and support the Portfolio Manager in the collection, analysis and reporting of profitability indicators.
- Track quarterly completion status of Investment Risk Platform (IRP) and equity valuations in Equity Portfolio
Management System - Valuation Module (EPMS-VM)
- Provide support to the investment team with ad-hoc report requests for both portfolio and new business purposes and act as a go to person for all matters relating to policies, procedures and systems.
- Coordinate Project Handover process from New Business to Portfolio or Special Operations.
- Coordinate the compilation of the department’s data pertaining to IFC’s Client Surveys.
- Perform assessment of project development impact and articulate realization of AIMM story and market creation impact, if any.
- Directorship Tracking and provide guidance on compliance with documentation procedures relating to nomination, appointment, indemnity and resignation of Directors, including maintaining IFC’s Directorship Database.
- Support portfolio process improvements and related IT initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting with review of loan loss reserve recommendations on a quarterly basis for the overall assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate and monitor compliance of Investment Officers (IOs) with the annual Expanded Project Supervision report (XPSR) schedule, in accordance with the requirements of Independent Evaluation Group (IEG).
- Provide oversight to clients’ compliance with reporting requirements as per the investment agreements and ensure proper filing of legal documents, correspondence with clients and other documentation in a systematic manner.
- Track compliance with insurance and environment and social (E&S) requirements for all portfolio clients in coordination with the IOs, including coordinating with the regional Insurance and E&S leads on actions that need to be taken to address deficiencies.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field and at least 4 – 8 years of relevant experience. CFA qualification also qualifies.
- Excellent demonstrated knowledge of relevant portfolio databases and systems (e.g. Cognos, Cubes, IRP, iPortal, EPMS) and relevant computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); and/or aptitude to learn new systems.
- Excellent knowledge of IFC’s portfolio procedures and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Ability to think independently, proactively analyze problems, identify and take lead on defining appropriate solutions.
- Great team player, able to mentor and train junior staff.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with sound analytical skills.
- Superior administration, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with the local and international staff.