Associate Portfolio Officer
World Bank , Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit
The Investment Valuation Team in Corporate Risk Management Department is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the valuation process of the corporation’s investment portfolio in coordination with the investment departments. The team is looking for a professional to work in the team with a focus on fixed income investments, and system support.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the IFC Portfolio valuation process: review, analyze and validate valuation of fix income investments;
- Help develop, implement and/or maintain appropriate fix investment portfolio valuation tools, loan valuation models, asset back securities valuation models, and other models as needed;
- Develop/maintain relationships with other corporate departments in order to facilitate the delivery of Portfolio Valuation Team’s work program;
- Research and analyze capital markets performance across the world, especially in emerging markets;
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- An MBA (with a concentration in finance) or other graduate work required; Ability to grasp details, problem solve, identify key issues for action, and explain issues clearly and confidently;
- At least 4 years relevant working experience in loan valuation;
- Strong analytical, math and applied finance background, with knowledge of statistics, accounting, and economics;
- Experience or knowledge in fix income investments valuation or structured finance products valuation;
- Excellent people skills and ability to consult and liaise with investment/portfolio staff, cluster portfolio managers as well as industry and regional managers on an on-going basis;
- Demonstrated ability to work well individually or as part of a team, and to contribute proactively wherever necessary;
- Flexibility to work late and early morning hours to accommodate the field staff as necessary.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills; Fluency in other World Bank languages, a plus;