Associate Procurement Analyst
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Headquarters, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the immediate supervision of the designated international staff, provide administrative and analytical support to the ADB Procurement Unit of the Viet Nam Resident Mission in the area of public procurement.
Operations of the Procurement Unit
- Assist with the recruitment of consultants under technical assistance (TA) projects;
- Act as translator and interpreter for the Procurement Unit;
- Act as ADB secretary and interpreter for the Aid Effectiveness Forum Thematic Group on Procurement;
- Assist with administration of all projects in which the Procurement Unit is involved.
- Assist with the review of procurement/consulting documentation submitted by executing agencies and ADB Project Officers, e.g. procurement plans, bidding documents, request for proposal (RFP), prequalification/bid evaluation reports, technical evaluation reports, procurement committee documentation, various project processing reports and submissions, etc.;
- Identify and propose solutions to problems encountered in the course of reviews.
- Provide support in logistics arrangements for trainings undertaken by the Procurement Unit, collation and reproduction of training documents, shipping of documents wherever/whenever required, etc.
Public Procurement Policy Issues
- Maintain up-to-date record and knowledge on all ADB-related rules, procedures and regulations on ADB-funded procurement, e.g. Procurement Guidelines, Guidelines on the Use of Consultants, Project Administration Instructions (PAIs), ADB Guide on Anti-Corruption, and others;
- Maintain up-to-date records of and is conversant in all related Government of Viet Nam legislation, decrees and circulars, and formulates advice and recommendations on interactions with ADB Guidelines and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, law, engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in procurement (preparation of bidding documents, bid evaluation, administration of tendering process and/or contracts) and/or in project management
- Knowledge of the Vietnamese legal and institutional framework in regards to public procurement is required
- Experience in dealing with donor-funded procurement, in particular ADB/World Bank projects, highly desirable
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills with knowledge of the specialized procurement terminology are essential
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
- Strong analytical skills and ability to establish simple causality links, structure a pros-and-cons argumentation, develop a synthesis of multi-faceted issues, analyze procurement issues, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications
People and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and work with individuals from different cultures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with officials of the Government and other donor agencies
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member