World Food Program, Burkina Faso
Closing Date for Applications:
Provide expert support and effective technical analysis to policy and program activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not exhaustive)
- Ensure that the Monitoring and Evaluation System and VAM of WFP operations at the sub-office level is integrated into the overall strategy of Monitoring and Evaluation and VAM of WFP operations in Burkina Faso;
- Coordinate with the sub-office program team, the sub-office manager and monitoring officers the preparation of monthly monitoring and evaluation plans, and the monitoring of the execution of the said plan and ensure that each visit to a project is sanctioned by a report (observations, actions and recommendations); In collaboration with the program, Update the sub-office recommendations follow-up matrix and follow up on recommendations resulting from the follow-up.
- Supervise the sub-office monitoring assistants, prepare an annual and monthly work plan with these staffs. Provide them with continuous technical support and coordinate the work of the team of monitoring assistants so that they can achieve the expected results and objectives.
- Assist the Sub-Office in the process of formulating and reviewing the Annual Performance Plan (APP);
- Assist the Sub-Office in the performance-based reporting process, including producing the monthly M&E report, providing inputs to the various reports produced by the Sub-Office, including Sitreps and donor reports;
- Support the thematic focal points of the Program (Resilience, Emergency, Nutrition, School canteens, CBT and ..) in the monthly Consolidation of food / cash distribution reports from cooperating partners; Follow up with the focal points of the activities (Resilience, Emergency, Nutrition, School canteens, CBT ect ...) so that they enter the reporting data of their activities in the data management system of WFP operations "COMET".
- Produce a dashboard in order to follow any gaps and make reminders to the focal points and make the Delivery / distribution reconciliation for the Sub-office in collaboration with Logistics.
- Participate in M&E meetings organized by the country office and ensure permanent communication between the M&E unit in the country office and the sub-office.
- In collaboration with the Programs, Monitor the implementation of recommendations from evaluation missions, donor visits, reports from the monitoring partner as well as those from WFP monitoring officers;
- In collaboration with the thematic focal points, ensure the timely implementation of the mid-term and final evaluations of the Sub-office distribution partners.
- Be the focal point of food security and VAM activities of the sub-office: bring out the information relating to food security in the weekly sitrep and the monthly report of the Sub-office. Coordinate the price data collection at the sub-office level.
- Participate in rapid surveys organized to assess the assistance needs of displaced people or people in emergency situations and Actively participate in meetings of food security sector groups.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor (s).
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Must have a good knowledge of the following IT tools and software: Excel, Office, SPSS, Open Data Kit, Tableau Analytics
- Know the principles of M&E and RBM (results-based management).
- In-depth knowledge of data format, query languages, and procedures for exchanging, processing and analyzing data while mastering the manipulation of associated techniques;
- Know the principle of working with United Nations agencies or NGOs and have knowledge of the rural world.
4P KEY ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITIES
- Understand and Communicate Strategic Objectives: Develop the team in the most effective way to communicate WFP's strategic objectives to the WFP team and partners in the field
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team work processes and productivity
- Make the mission a source of inspiration for our team: Plans the activities and tasks of the team based on specific successes in the beneficiary communities in order to present a positive impact
- Communicate our mission in daily actions: Explain to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall mission of WFP
- Look for ways to build people's skills: Identifies skills development capabilities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for oneself, colleagues and direct reports
- Create an Inclusive Culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in your own unit
- Develop and provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the association of junior colleagues with coaches within your own team
- Create an “I want” / “We will” spirit: Anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure the team meets goals and targets
- Encourage innovation and creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in their own work and help the team to be more innovative and precise in their respective tasks and areas of work
- Focus on Getting Results: Monitors expected team results and provides feedback to ensure results are delivered consistently and accurately
- Make and Keep Commitments: Gives specific advice to the team on planned responsibilities and tasks, while respecting their own commitment to the team
- Be Decisive: Lead by example and provide guidance to junior team members as problems escalate as they face difficult issues in the workplace or on the pitch
- Connect and share between WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish field missions
- Build strong external partnerships: Set an example and provide advice to the team on how to build relationships with external partners
- Be politically agile and adaptable: Outlines for colleagues or direct reports the value of the contribution of other WFP teams and agency partnerships to achieve WFP goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, courtesy and tact;
- Ability to interpret and analyze different aspects of the program / Monitoring and evaluation, and maintain a regularly updated database;
- Ability to communicate correctly (both written and oral) in French and have knowledge of English.
- Ability to work in a team and achieve common goals;
- Ability to establish good relationships with people of different origins and cultures;
- Ability to adapt to dangerous situations in terms of safety and health, and flexibility to carry out missions in the field.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a higher university degree (At least License or Bachelor: Bac +3) in Social Sciences, statistics, economics, monitoring & evaluation, development economics or any other related field.
- Excellent command of the French language and a knowledge of English would be an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY INTO THIS ROLE
- Have five (5) years of experience including two (2) in monitoring & evaluation or vulnerability analysis, food security, nutrition analysis and data management.
- Experience required in conducting surveys / studies and programming data collection sheets.
- Experience with the nation system would be an asset.