About the Organization:
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 11 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. Seeing the creativity, ingenuity, and drive in each person, BRAC is a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor and provides people living in poverty with the tools they need to create the life they want for themselves, their families and their communities. Their mission is to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease and social injustice. Our interventions aim to achieve large-scale, positive changes through economic and social programs that enable everyone to realize their potential.
Position: Associate Project Advisor
Description of Assignment
Contingent upon contract award, BRAC UPGI will deliver advisory services as part of a learning and technical assistance partnership with JEEViKA. This is intended to complement the technical support provided by Bandhan Konnagar, the primary technical assistance partner to JEEViKA, and draw on the respective strengths of both organizations to strengthen the scaled Graduation program in Bihar. BRAC UPGI will deliver technical assistance in three key areas: (1) monitoring system refinement, (2) government capacity-building working directly with JEEViKA and current partners, and (3) program adaptation and operational refinement.
Scope of Work
The Associate Project Advisor will support the project management of the technical assistance partnership in Bihar. S/he will report directly to the Project Advisor and work with a globally integrated team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure successful, timely and high-quality monitoring of the technical assistance in the field;
- Provide regular updates and reports from the field to the Project Advisor;
- Support training of trainers (TOT) and capacity building of field and managerial staff on specific components of Graduation;
- Support training of government and consultant staff on updated digital data collection tools, and oversee the uptake of these tools by implementation staff;
- Provide locally adapted insights on training curricula and market integration;
- Support stakeholder mapping and identification of potential local partnerships with civil society organizations and private sector;
- Support coordination and communication amongst the team members supporting different activities;
- Ensure cross-cutting issues (gender, social protection, health and accountability) are incorporated into technical assistance at the local level.
- At least 3 years’ experience of field management in India on rural program delivery, livelihoods, and social work, with experience in Bihar preferred;
- Experience working with government partners on training and capacity building;
- Experience in executing integrated development programs; high preference for experience working with government programs;
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in livelihood development, market integration,and poverty reduction; experience with the Graduation approach is highly desirable;
- Experience in the development and execution of projects or programs related to livelihoods and poverty reduction;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with program monitoring and use of digital monitoring tools;
- Strong ability to engage in dialogue and bring together local actors;
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to gender equity issues;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Ability to take initiative and work in fast moving environments.