Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM) of the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the South Asia region.
The Associate Project Analyst will provide administrative and analytical support to project processing and administration and portfolio management for the transport sector. The incumbent will report to the designated International and senior National Staff.
- Contributes to the preparation of Project Administration Manuals, and prepares and updates individual records of assigned projects in eOperations for routine validation of the project performance and ratings in eOPs
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects, monitors and analyzes the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes, and follows up with the executing agencies (EAs) and implementing agencies (IAs).
- Monitor physical and financial implementation progress of the loan and TA projects. Follows up submission of procurement or recruitment documents, withdrawal applications, quarterly progress reports, safeguards monitoring reports, and audited project financial statements. Familiarizes EAs/IAs with ADB guidelines and procedures. Ensures compliance with loan covenants. Monitors progress in delivering project design and monitoring frameworks; and maintains, records, and files related documents in ADB information systems.
- Assists in (i) preparing, implementing, and updating procurement plans; (ii) reviewing procurement and consultant recruitment documents from the EAs/IAs; (iii) issuing Procurement Contract Summary Sheet Numbers and contract variation orders; and (iv) recruiting staff or TA consultants. s
- Assists in collecting and summarizing data for preparation of different reports required by BRM, and ADB HQ. This might include status of ongoing projects under processing and administration, staff assignments, work plan, list of loans and TA projects for closing, project completion reports, annual projected contract awards and disbursements, etc. Contributes to the preparation of reports required by fund administrator for monitoring approved grants/direct charges.
- Assists in preparing annual contract award and disbursement projections for projects and maintaining the monitoring system; and
- Supports Portfolio Administration Unit (PAU) in preparation of project briefs for tripartite portfolio review meeting (TPRM) and country portfolio review missions (CPRM).
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline i.e. engineering, economics, finance, business administration or related area.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in transport sector (railways). Work with international organizations will be preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Able to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, project management and other software and required information technologies.
- Able to set priorities for self and junior team members.
- Able to provide guidance to other Administrative Staff on assigned area of work.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6- 7.