5 Ways to Work from Home More Effectively
- BY Garima Pachauri
• As Associate Researcher you will work across several projects with the aim of identifying research areas in need of improvement and developing long and short-term plans to build research capacity.
• In order to achieve these improvements you will use your research capacity building skills to engage with staff in conducting regular seminars and special training on such topics as analysing and interpreting data, writing and communicating in science.
• As a volunteer you will facilitate regular field campaigns, assist staff in research, data analysis and drafting manuscripts and scientific reports.
• As part of this assignment you will go on a few field trips.
• Your role contributes to the sustainability of Vietnamese forests and to the livelihood of Vietnamese communities.
Essential Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree with Honours in Environmental Science, Natural Science, Biology, Forestry, Environmental Management, Geography, Natural Resource Management or related field
Essential Minimum Experience:
• One year of experience in research in an environmental science related area
• Master degree in a relevant field
• Experiences in authoring of scientific publications e.g. journal articles, technical reports, research reports
• Experiences in climate change and/or carbon/biomass research
• Experiences in training and mentorship
• Willingness to travel and go on field trips
• The official language is Vietnamese, but a wide range of other languages including English are spoken
• A wide range of religions are practised, including Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Christianity and Islam
• Crime can occur throughout the city, and scamming can occur particularly in tourist areas, so security advice should be followed
• Be sensitive when discussing the country’s political history and its past conflicts
• Assistance with the identification of suitable, secure and affordable accommodation will be provided by the In-Country Management Team and the host organisation.
Preparing Your Application
• It is recommended that you have the following documentation prepared in order to be uploaded/entered into the online application system: An electronic version of your CV to copy into our online template, Statement against selection criteria
• Q1. Individually address each assignment outcome and consider what they might involve. In relation to these outcomes, provide evidence of the skills and experience you would bring to the role and the host organisation. (max. 800 words)
• Q2. Why have you chosen to volunteer at this time within this role and location? (max. 300 words)
• Q3. Discuss the challenges that you would anticipate adjusting to living in this location and volunteering in this role. Outline the strategies you would use to overcome these. (max. 400 words)
• Scanned copy of your PR visa and Medicare card (if applicable)