Associate - System Strengthening
India Health Action Trust, Lucknow, India
Closing Date for Applications:
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada
Associate - System Strengthening shall be supporting strategic interventions in the areas of Supply Chain, Human Resources, Public private engagement, financial management and behavioural change.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Support to technical experts in strategy development of various work streams within health systems – Supply Chain, Human Resources, Public private engagement, financial management, behavior change etc.
- Conduct desktop based and primary research to identify gaps and implement best practices to improve health systems.
- Support in capacity development of Department of Medical Health and Family Welfare / National Health Mission for effective use of data to successfully drive large scale system improvements.
- Program manage initiatives to support strategy under various work streams.
- Any other responsibilities given by Director Systems
- Document best practices and develop plans to incorporate the learnings across project interventions
- Perform other duties identified from time to time by Line manager
- Ability and drive to closely work with various Government functionaries
- Demonstrated experience in managing large sets of data and knowledge of appropriate tools for managing data sets
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork skills and ability to foresee issues and initiate appropriate action.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a challenging environment.
- Passion for social impact
Qualification & Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology/Public Health/Computers or equivalent
- Master’s in Business Administration/Human Resources/Public Health/Statistics/Human Resources will be preferred
- Prior experience in strategy development and program management shall be preferred
- Experience of working with government shall be preferred.