The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens.
In addition, we offer comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators.
The IB offers you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We're seeking the best talent, who have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioral qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
In return, you'll get to work in a learning organization committed to your growth and development, with internationally minded professionals. If you meet all the requirements for this position and you're seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
- Internal Audit: Scoping, delivering and reporting the results of operational internal audits in areas including key finance processes, key operational processes, and compliance reviews; Proactively following up the implementation of agreed actions and ongoing improvement of the control environment; Acting as a liaison between the internal and external audit functions to ensure an efficient and aligned approach in both areas.
- Risk Management: Supporting the Risk & Internal Audit Manager in maintaining aspects of the organizational risk management process, including working regularly with business unit risk champions to update and improve risk information.
- Internal Control Systems (ICS) testing: Maintaining and updating a regular series of Internal Control System (ICS) tests within Finance and developing the reporting of results to senior stakeholders on a quarterly basis; Identifying opportunities to expand the ICS framework into other parts of the organization where applicable; Using ICS results and working with the Finance team to continually improve processes and controls.
- Other: Advising and supporting the Finance team in the development of new policies and processes as needed; Supporting the Risk & Internal Audit Manager in maintaining organizational BCP and anti-fraud information.
- Qualified accountant and/or internal auditor.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in audit and risk-related topics.
- Sound knowledge of internal controls and auditing methodologies across core financial and operational processes, including process mapping with Visio and/or PowerPoint.
- Desired: training in a large/medium sized audit or accountancy form.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously without a high level of direct supervision.
- Ability to deliver a continuously evolving portfolio of assurance and risk management assignments to regular and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive the implementation of agreed actions
- Focus on ethics, value for money, and an understanding of the different cultures and priorities of the not-for-profit and commercial environments.
- Intellectual flexibility and curiosity, with an ability to work across a broad range of different business processes and projects including examination assessment, the development of academic curricula, and the publishing of educational materials.
- Willingness to travel to other IB offices (up to 50% of available working days) with some assignments requiring time away from base office for up to two weeks at a time. These other locations will be in the USA, Netherlands, UK and Switzerland.
'Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumnus is a plus';