The Nature Conservancy, Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Assists in structuring activities to most effectively achieve Conservancy goals.
- Reviews organizational documents and prepares, reviews and negotiates contracts, including government grants, leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, easements, and other corporate agreements.
- Influences decision-makers in assigned programs through strong communication skills.
- Manages outside counsel effectively.
- May supervise and/or provide guidance to less experienced attorneys and/or paralegals and other support staff.
- Performs special projects as requested by department management.
- Serves as the primary legal contact for various clients.
- Juris Doctorate law degree from a U.S. law school, or equivalent law degree from another country.
- 5 years relevant legal experience or at least 3 years relevant legal experience coupled with assumption of significant responsibilities for a geographic area in Indonesia, the Asia-Pacific region, or the U.S..
- License to practice law in Indonesia
- Experience in general corporate law and in negotiating complex transactions and agreements.
- Willing to reside in Jakarta, Indonesia, with ability to travel to field offices within Indonesia as well as in the Asia Pacific Region and to the United States.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian and fluent English verbal and written skills required.
- Experience working across cultures and Indonesia.
- LLM law degree.
- Contractual and transactional work experience in the Asia-Pacific region. .
- Specialized experience in tax-exempt charity law, environmental and/or international law
- In-house experience and/or law firm experience advising sophisticated clients and senior management.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, and manage performance, including conflict resolution.
- Experience in working in and with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent legal research skills using online services, law books, and other resources.
- Working knowledge of current trends in relevant discipline