FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- Responsible for the collection, review and retention of contractually required financial audits of FHI 360's grantees including US based Single Audits (OMB A 133) and Foreign Subrecipient audits of USAID programs
- Share responsibilities as point of contact for funder audits of FHI 360's projects managed at HQ and in non-US locations
- Advise staff in providing documentation and reports for funder party audits according to the contract provisions
- Review Single Audit and other financial audit reports to comply with US Government and FHI 360's grantee monitoring procedures
- Read draft and final audit responses for soundness and adequacy; ensure comments provided effective and cost efficient resolutions that address the underlying cause
- Identify audit results requiring further review and follow-up
- Recommend actions to limit FHI 360 's risk exposure and document actions taken
- Download data from various accounting reporting systems
- Combine and analyze large volume of data utilizing MS Excel V-lookup formulas, pivot tables and mail merges
- Obtain certification letters from grantees
- Communicate with FHI 360 Project staff and grantees
- Confirm US based nonprofit organization status and contact details
- Track and document grantee monitoring procedures using SharePoint or other database
- Implement improvements to current process
- Potential position advancement to supervisory role
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing and/or evaluating data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Has or obtains a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Experienced using systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in data.
- Superior ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- This is an advanced level Financial Analyst position which serves as a subject matter expert and may lead teams on complex issues.
- Independently evaluates and determines fiscal and operational policy.
- Determines service impacts and analyzes the regulatory environment to makes recommendations on best practices.
- Implements and evaluates statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Evaluate audit findings recommendation for adequacy and appropriateness.
- When reading audit findings, consider the system of controls and recommend appropriate actions.
- Analyzes complex business and/or program issues and consults with management or business entities as needed; works independently; active participant in meeting organizational goals.
- Applies expert knowledge of current federal, state and local government programs.
- Applies expert level technical and administrative knowledge of the rules and regulations in the subject area and defends analyses and recommendations relating to a variety of issues.
- Communicates industry information regarding more complex or unique issues, and presents specific findings in such situations.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships.
- Interprets compliance and makes recommendations to management.
- Documents more complex or unique issues and effectively articulates written conclusions.
- Interacts with management to plan, negotiate and coordinate complex written findings.
- Presents oral and written testimony on complex issues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Prepares and analyzes complex technical matters involving existing and emerging issues pertaining to the subject area and makes recommendations from the analysis.
- Serves as subject matter expert; may lead work teams or others in complex or unique subjects.
- Recommends and develops regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends and/or takes corrective action when necessary based on acquired knowledge and observation of best practices.
- Develops or adapts new processes and procedures based upon changes in laws and regulations or industry practices.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Work is performed with minimal direction.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- May implement departmental work plans and provide input for performance reviews with the assistance of a higher-level manager.
- Provides input to management for hiring process based on recruitment and selection policies and procedures.
- Review and recommend training opportunities for department.
- May lead and supervise employee growth and development initiatives.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 8+ Years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated team leader experience in finance or accounting department preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Some experience in providing written responses and action plans to financial audit findings is preferred.
- Experience communicating with internal/external auditors is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience reading Single Audit (OMB A 133) or other financial audit reports desired, not required.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.