Benefits & HR Administration Assistant
Medair , Switzerland
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Role & Responsibilities
Support the Benefits & HR Administration for GSO staff and Internationally Recruited Staff working across Medair. The work contributes to managing the administration processes from on-boarding to off-boarding of staff. Overall help the HR department in delivering their mission and fulfilling their role for the assigned country programmes.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Conditions
- Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
Key Activity Areas
- On-boarding of new staff
- Responsible for managing the on-boarding administration in a timely and accurate manner ensuring a smooth process for new starters joining Medair.
- Ensure forms are complete and signed for personnel files and crisis management files and report in case of delays or challenges.
- Collaborate with the HR Partners to ensure essential documents have been completed for internationally recruited staff before flights are booked.
- Manage the booking administration of contract flights for international recruited staff.
Payroll and Benefits
- Work together with the Benefits & HR Admin Partners to enter data in the payroll database for the monthly payroll.
- Work together with the Benefits & HR Admin Partner and Team lead to maintain the benefit administration in Medair People of internationally recruited staff.
- Support the Payroll specialist and be a backup on certain parts of the Payroll process.
- Personnel Files and Crisis Management Files
- Ensure personnel files are up to date and documents are easily retrievable in case of emergency or crisis.
- Monitor completeness of crisis management files and report in case of discrepancies.
- Support internal and external audits in providing documents as requested.
- Manage and communicate the schedule for the monthly induction week for new staff at GSO.
- Ensure role specific training sessions for international staff during the induction week is booked and communicated. Book accommodation for staff visiting for the duration of the induction week.
- Be the HR focal point for volunteers working at Medair’s GSO, support them throughout their time in Medair and advocate for any HR needs they may have.
- Ensure volunteers are well received, receive induction when they join Medair.
- Participate in organizing an annual volunteer day to celebrate their work.
- Monitor the general condition of the accommodation and report to the Benefits & HR Admin Partners if maintenance is needed. Contribute to building good relationships with cleaners, owners of the residencies and key contacts in other accommodation regularly booked for Medair staff.
HR Information Systems and Processes
- Ensure checklists and guidelines are kept up to date, report to the Benefits & HR Admin Partners when policies require updating.
- Ensure the HR database and systems are kept up to date with the latest information on staff and processes.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
- This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum A level or equivalent diploma.
- Any specific certificate or field of studies required for the position.
- Good working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Two years in administrative work, HR experience desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Internet, e-mails writing Any software or IT communication tool to be mastered.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Experienced in handling customer focused communication via email, phone and in person.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in administration.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities.
- Great team player.