Bid Manager - Economic and Rural Development Unit - in charge of the identification of new business opportunities (technical assistance projects funded by the EU and other donors) and of the preparation of the bids to respond to tender procedures - Madrid
The Business Development Division is in charge of the identification of new business opportunities (technical assistance projects funded by the EU and other donors) and of the preparation of the bids to respond to tender procedures. The Bid Manager will work under the supervision of the Head of Unit, will be based in Madrid and will be integrated in the Economic and Rural Development Unit .
The Economic and Rural Development Unit focus on the Donors’ technical assistance tenders in the areas of private sector development, SMEs and economic growth, rural development and agriculture, trade and standards (SPS, TBT etc.), regional integration etc. Principal activities will include:
- Identification of business leads and follow-up
- Tracking client requests for services and programs/ projects (i.e. analysis of donors’ strategic action plans/ national indicative programs);
- Identification of business partners and consortium negotiations
- Preparation of expressions of interests
- Preparation of technical proposals: bid writing, selection of the experts and CVs preparation etc.
- Search of external consultants: identification, negotiation of terms and conditions of co-operation with experts;
- Compliance with tender requirements, in accordance with the client´s tendering procedures and DT Global quality standards;
- Preparing project budgets and financial proposals;
- Conduct fact finding missions ;
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Agriculture or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Full Proficiency in English language
- Full Proficiency in French or in Spanish will be considered a strong asset
General professional experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in development cooperation projects (at national or international level)
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and policies
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ previous working experience mainly in business development, ideally tendering for EU-funded projects.
- Proven experience in preparing multilateral donors tenders and/ or in technical assistance projects.
- Experience in proposal writing in English.
- Good experience in writing in French language will be considered as a strong asset.
- Capacity to analyse complex set of information and to write solid and coherent texts
- Writing skills are considered fundamental
- Very strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and adapt quickly to changes under pressure
- Capacity to take initiative and to be proactive