Block Livelihood Expert (Agriculture and Allied)
United Nations Development Programme, Uttarakhand, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Block Livelihood Expert (Agriculture and Allied)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the plan for plantation, horticulture, and livelihood works of the GPs in the Gram Sabha.
- Prepare designs, plan and estimates of the work
- Provide layout of all the work and monitor the execution of the work and its completion
- Actively work to create social awareness about rights and entitlements of MGNREGS
- Any other work assigned as and when by the competent authority.
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
Management and Leadership:
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
- Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
- Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
- Management & Leadership skills
- Mentoring & Mobilization skills
- Communication, Training, & Language skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Agricultural Economics/ Horticulture/ Agro forestry/Agronomy/Forestry.
- At least 2 years of work experience with reputed organizations working towards improvement of rural livelihoods.
- The work experience should be primarily in agriculture and allied activities for enhancement of incomes of rural poor.