About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
The Board Operations Analyst will report to the Senior Board Operations Officer. The position entails direct interaction with Board and Committee members, and other Secretariat team members. The position’s overall focus is on enabling an effective and efficient business framework in support of the oversight and decision-making roles of the Board and its sub-Committees
Duties and Accountabilities:
Under the supervision of the Governance Team Lead, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Lead on all aspect governance events planning and management, including but not limited to:
- If not identified by the meeting host, procuring the venue for Board and select Committee meetings in coordination with the World Bank’s Global Meetings Program team. Obtain an estimate of costs and obtain approval;
- Prepare cost estimates for Board meetings, select Board standing committees, as well as any other governance meetings and workshops, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable GPE and World Bank policy;
- Prepare and send meeting invitations to Board and Committee members as appropriate.
- Contact and procure the following services in advance of each meeting including translators, interpreters, caterers (if required) and all other service providers as needed.
- Liaise with host and venue focal point in order to obtain staff meeting rooms and facilities and other contributions to meetings.
- Maintain the database for the registration of participants at meetings and ensure that all registrations are acknowledged. Produce the list of participants on the basis of registrations received. At meetings, organize the on-site registration of all participants and oversee the GPE registration team.
- Liaise with team lead regarding requests for participation of observers in meetings. Oversee the production of badges for participants at all meetings, in coordination with the Board Operations and Events Assistant.
- Liaise with meeting participants and hosts concerning side events, and visa requirements.
- Lead on the travel and accommodation arrangements for sponsored participants, in coordination with the Board Operations and Events Assistant.
- Provide in-meeting services and back-up including collecting and loading PPT presentations, printing and oversee on-site catering.
- Analyze the requirements after each meeting and identify possible improvement in arrangements and cost reduction and drafts revised statements of requirements.
- Support the work of the Board and Committees, as required: maintain the list of contacts and rosters (including on the website); oversee the supporting documentation for meetings of the Standing Committee; maintain the list of tasks of the decisions after each meeting and ensure that it is posted on the website.
Information Management Focal Point
- Update the Board and Committee rosters and work with the communications team to ensure that the external website reflects changes in a timely manner.
- Update and manage the Board distribution lists.
- Review and quality assure the formatting of all Board documents and select Committee documents (as applicable) to ensure they comply with applicable standards.
- After each Board meeting, ensure that decisions, documents and presentations (where applicable) are updated in a timely manner. Maintain the Board decisions database.
- Oversee dispatch, archiving and tracking of onboarding notifications and materials to new Board members, including mandatory forms for Board and Committee service including, as applicable, acknowledgement of the Code of Conduct, Misuse of Funds, confidentiality statement and release of information authorization.
- Oversee the design and updating of the Governance Team’s SharePoint site.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MA/MS degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study (law, public policy, economics or other related fields), with a minimum of two (2) years of experience. Five (5) years of experience is preferred, including some experience in international development issues.
- Demonstrated experience with conference services, meeting and events management, preferably within the context of an intergovernmental body.
- Experience working with government and other partners, including bilateral donors, multilateral organizations, and NGOs.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communications, including ability to articulate ideas verbally in a clear and compelling way to audiences of varied levels and tailor communication as needed.
- Strong diplomatic and people skills.
- Ability to maintain a sense of perspective when working under pressure, to remain calm in difficult and stressful situations.
- High level of integrity and track record in handling confidential matters.
- Highly attentive to details, ensuring accuracy of all documents and communications.
- Fluency in French is considered an advantage.
- Project Management - Understands and utilizes the basic concepts of project management, as they relate to the implementation of a project.Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena - Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
- Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.