Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Summary of assigned duties:
Based on the established financial rules and procedures, and under the direct supervision and day-to day oversight of the Team Leader, Staff Health Insurance (SHI), the incumbent will be assigned the following duties:
Staff Health Insurance sub-unit
- Journalizing of various medical claims submitted by staff members ; ensuring accuracy of payment by verifying prescribed medicines against doctors' prescriptions and scrutinizing medical claims of entitled staff members.
- Confirming relevant proof of payments and revising any other documents that support the cost of medical treatment and medicines.
- Affirming that prescribed drugs and medical services are covered and reimbursed under SHI plan and contacting physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and other medical services to confirm the validity of payment, as necessary.
- Providing timely and accurate customer service to all staff members. Contacting external service providers and cost containment companies as necessary.
- Preparing staff health insurance reports .
- Running ,reviewing& reporting SSA insurance premiums to HQ from SSA system .
- Allocating SSA insurance & POC expenditures to relevant PTAEO'S through the creation & processing of expenditure batches.
Accounts payable sub-unit
- Monitoring and processing of Common Payment Platform (CPP) payment instructions, payroll and payroll standing transactions (PST), payments for IC meetings, regional office eImprest vouchers, bank reconciliations and expenditure batches.
- Reviewing and processing payments for MORSS and SSA overtime according to entitlements.
- Handling the payment of hospitality and courtesy according to FIN rules and regulations.
- Providing general assistance on financial information to EMR staff members.
- Liaising with service centers and HQ to resolve problems and address staff members' queries.
- Extracting data from GSM and produce rep rts in a format which facilitates analysis and reporting as required.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school with additional training in automated accounting.
- Desirable: University degree in finance, pharmacy or related field would be an asset.
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of general health insurance principles, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to understand and apply administrative rules and procedures related to health insurance rules and regulations.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Delivering quality results in pressing situations and conflicting priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Knowledge and ability to operate ERP systems.
- Essential: - Five years experience in applying administrative and financial procedures through progressive work in Staff health insurance.
- Desirable: Work in Staff health insurance areas.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons residing within the local commuting area.
- Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
- The written test might be used as an eliminatory tool.
- A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening. The written test might be used as an eliminatory tool.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice (this could be the base for rosters).
- Interviews will include competency-based questions.
- This VN has been published in English language only.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34182&vaclng=en