OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide accounting policy guidance and income/award and budgetary management and support across the SEA Region. Ensure effective financial controls exist and are properly managed. Ensure income is managed appropriately for all sources of funding, and advise budget centers on all aspects of income and awards management. Monitor the general ledger and sub ledgers and take action where necessary to correct errors. Coordinate the monthly and annual financial closure processes at country and regional level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the Budget and Finance Officer (BFO) and direct supervision of National Professional Officer, Finance, the incumbent performs a range of standardized tasks to support Finance functions such as:
Main tasks of the positions specifically related to Staff Health Insurance (SHI):
- Review all SHI claims and invoices to ensure that all required background documentation is correct and included in the claim, record all SHI claims in control sheet and enter claims in HIIS or other computerized system with correct coding.
- Provide assistance in relation to the Surveillance Committee Meetings.
- Prepare SHI letters, certificates, payment vouchers and respond to queries from participants.
- Assist with calculations and preparation of vouchers relating to health insurance of Special Services Agreement (SSA) holders and Group Life Insurance (GLI) of participants.e. Maintain and file SHI records to facilitate easy retrieval.
Advise staff regarding staff health insurance matters.
- Draft comments/correspondence related to the incumbent's area of work.
- Provide back-up support to other BFU staff and perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary school education
- Desirable: Diploma/certificate of specialization in accounting an advantage. Training in computer applications including excel.
- Essential: At least three years' experience in accounting clerical work.
- Desirable: Experience in a UN Organization or International Organization with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
A good understanding of WHO procedures and ability to understand/interpret WHO's Staff Health Insurance rules and e-Manual provisions related to SHI;--Understanding of WHO automated accounting system (GSM) and accounting principles in general, an advantage; -- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and its application for conversion of data into user friendly reports.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 608,064 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note applications should be submitted through WHO's online recruitment portal. Pleasecareers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during the week of 23 December 20019. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that period.