These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs). Job holders typically report to the Budget & Programming Officer.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to complex queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders support management of financial resources and may provide guidance to other staff.
WFP Egypt is embarking on a new Country Strategic Plan 2018-2022 which addresses four results: everyone has access to food, no one suffers from malnutrition, food systems are sustainable, and institutional capacity is strengthened. In partnership with the Government of Egypt, WFP provides school meals for up to vulnerable children and their family members, improved livelihoods of smallholder farmer and Bedouin communities on an annual basis and combats malnutrition. Moreover, WFP implements a nutrition-specific intervention addressing the first 1,000 days of life and supports food insecure Syrian refugees in Egypt with food vouchers and resilience building activities. All these activities are being carried out by a multi-sectoral Programme team under the leadership of the Head of Programme and the Deputy Country Director.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in budget planning, monitoring and analysis of financial performance.
To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review, compile and analyze data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, including the monthly Resource Analysis Report, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for potential donor funding proposals
- Provide analysis and reports on all projects commodity shortfalls/breaks and formulate recommendation on resource allocation for commodity call-forward.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Be able to extract relevant data to prepare various related reports and presentations as well to assist management in preparation of such reports and presentations (monthly summary of distributions against the plan, etc.).
- Provide commodity related inputs to the corporate documents that CO must submit regularly and for various reports and briefs both mandatory and ad-hoc as required by the CO’s management.
- Analyze and prepare projections for food commodities to ensure timely call-forward (including local procurement) and availability of food in-country.
- Prepare and submit Funding Proposals, Assignment Plans for projects in the Egypt Country Office.
- Ensure accuracy of data and information in each of the document submitted.
- In coordination with the Operation, Procurement and Logistics, review and prepare recommendations for the Supply-Chain Meetings.
- Generate from WINGS the project, resource and grant management data and reports (grant balances, expenditures, resource transfer, project management reports etc.) and provide further analysis.
- Perform any other duties as required.