Budget & Programming Officer
World Food Programme, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
To deliver budget and resource analysis and programming activities, partnering with managers to apply best practice approaches that support the efficient, effective and compliant utilisation of funds.
- Contribute towards the development of plans, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies and WFP standards.
- Create and review project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimise resources.
- Monitor and provide advice on fund utilisation, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/repayment and refinancing arrangements; alerting Country Director to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Monitor and provide advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfer.
- Monitor the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness, following standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
- Support the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility and provide information to guide RB/HQ decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock.
- Create and review budget and project documentation, and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Proactively contribute ideas to senior officers for improvement to systems, techniques, tools, processes and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operational planning through answering queries and updating training materials, manuals and guidelines.
- Represent the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups as required, in order to obtain and provide information from a budget and resource programming perspective.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices and contribute to technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least five years of relevant work experience.
Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both spoken and written English language and Russian or Tajik.