United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund , Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Finance Specialist and in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, the Budget Associate will perform the following Budget Monitoring and Financial Support tasks:
- Provides support with respect to the review, analysis and preparation of the budget plans and its revisions.
- Prepares supporting documents with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals.
- Liaise with the Yemen Country Office sections to ensure that funding for Project Management Unit (PMU) cash-based initiatives are allocated to the PMU cost centre.
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget, preparing adjustments as necessary.
- Support the monitoring of expenditures against donor conditions.
- Maintain an up to date archiving system for the donor agreements.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, NEP and leave balances, etc.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Keep a reference accessible filing system of all subjects related to finance and budget.
- Carries out regular VISION and Insight reporting pertaining to programme related grants
- Drafts periodic and ad-hoc financial reports/PPP relating to budget allocation and utilization
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Accounting/Finance/Budget Management.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant finance or budget work experience is required.
- Experience working with other UN Agencies and/or International Non-Governmental Organizations will be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is considered as an asset.