Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund provides 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms much more productive. We provide them with quality agricultural inputs on credit, which are delivered to them near their homes and agricultural training to improve crops. Our success is measured by our ability to make growers more prosperous: On average, they harvest 50% more food after joining One Acre Fund.
The Human Resources Project Support Officer will be under the supervision of the Head of the Human Resources Department and will be mainly responsible for supporting the execution of Human Resources projects. He will take care of the organization's disciplinary processes to ensure we are in compliance with the law and regulations. He will also manage employee health insurance and all relations between One Acre Fund and INSS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of disciplinary cases
- Conduct investigations and draw up very clear reports for the Heads of the Departments and the Head of Human Resources
- Do a legal analysis before giving recommendations to managers on disciplinary cases.
- Ensure very good communication on disciplinary processes.
- Support the Head of Human Resources in protecting the members of One Acre Fund.
Health insurance management
- Perform quarterly evaluations of our insurer's services.
- Set up a strategy to find other insurers to offer the best service to employees.
Administrative management of INSS contributions
- Follow up on declarations of work accidents.
- Take care of the INSS declaration process.
- Track the order of INSS booklets for employees.
Ensure the management of employee training on Human Resources
- Identify training needs on good Human Resources practices for all employees.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources manager for preparation, planning and execution.
- Organize Human Resources Department trainings for all staff as needed.
- Collaborate with other Departments to manage the orientation program for new recruits (Onboarding).
Ensuring communication with employees
- Assist the Department in carrying out special projects such as communication with staff, trainings and group discussions with staff, etc.
- Make field visits on a regular basis and whenever necessary to ensure that employees are heard.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager, take care of the collection and analysis of employee complaints.
- Support in the popularization of policies related to Human Resources for the organization.
- Ensure the updating and continuous improvement of the communication system between employees and Human Resources.
- Represent Human Resources in periodic meetings with leaders of the organization.
Maintain team culture
- Actively participate in the planning and organization of social events and large-scale meetings for the organization.
- Serve as a leader and role model for the team by respecting the team's values and promoting the team's commitment in creating a good work environment.
- Organize the orientation program for new employees at all levels.
- Help the Head of Human Resources to organize and execute projects for diversity, equity and inclusion of local and global Human Resources.
CAREER GROWTH AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in the development of management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will devote a lot of time to your professional development. We continuously give concrete feedback through mentoring and regular career reviews in the form of management advice. We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen and discuss about career goals and work collaboratively to create truly exciting roles.
- University degree in Law or Human Resources Management
- At least 1 year of professional experience in the fields of Human Resources.
- Strong skills in planning and executing a wide variety of projects with different teams.
- Experience in leading large-scale training and focus groups preferred.
- In-depth computer skills (e-mail, Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel).
Language: Kirundi and French required, knowledge of English is a great asset.
- Good sense of teamwork
- Emotionally intelligent leader with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service.
- Naturally honest and able to respect the confidentiality of his work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to set goals and achieve them.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to manage work and develop others.
- Have very good writing skills.
- Ability to analyze and transmit the message to the superior.
- To be autonomous, honest and humble.
- Be organized and very attentive to details.
- Good listening skills and the ability to identify problems.
- Passion to serve Burundian farmers.