Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, the WBG works with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
- Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
- Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
- ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
- Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
WBG Finance ITS Unit Context
- WBG Finance (ITSFI) is responsible for providing high quality, streamlined information and technology solutions for the World Bank’s Financial services, which include Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Controls, Treasury, Loans, Accounting, and Concessional finance (managing donor contributions from inception to the point of final disbursement, including IDA, Financial Intermediary Funds and Trust Funds). ITSFI is additionally responsible for building its IT services using a shared platform that provides scale, leverage, reliability, and control while at the same time improving responsiveness to emerging business needs.This position is within WBG Risk Management and Analytics (ITSRA), the division of ITSFI responsible for IT services for all World Bank Group Risk Management functions across multiple vice presidencies in IBRD and IFC.
- ITSRA is seeking an experienced, motivated and ambitious ETC Business Analyst in Sofia, Bulgaria with extensive experience in Finance, Capital markets and Investments domain.
Core responsibilities include:
- Understand business needs as it relates to liquidity management domain with very good knowledge of the WB Loan products, IDA products, Capital market products and Investment products;
- Minimize gaps, redundancies, rework, and duplication of effort by coordinating new requirements with Business Sponsors and project governance bodies,
- Test vendor deliverables and ensure they conform to the business requirements.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business and its underlying processes and data and provide technical leadership to the application support team post product launch.
- Document business requirements in bank standard tools/templates ensuring the requirements meet quality standards,
- Analyze requirements and various scenarios associated with each requirement, and
- Prepare test cases, perform systems integration testing, document test results, regression testing, and assist users with User Acceptance testing.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The candidate will actively contribute to transform the business needs into a system that is effective and addresses the business inefficiencies that is sustainable in the long run.The candidate will understand and assist the technical team in the design and implementation of systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as Business Analyst for Capital Markets line of business within Treasury, more specifically on the Liquidity Management System.
- Test reports in Murex against requirements, identify discrepancies, if any, analyze the root cause of these, report to Murex, get the fix from Murex, and test it again.
- Work with business and other stakeholders in completing Day 2 items.
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans.
- Use ADO to document user stories, test cases and test results.
- Document test cases and test results according to bank standards.
The position demands substantial experience in Risk management domain within a globally-distributed enterprise.In addition, the candidate is required to have:
- Master's degree with 5 years relevant experience or Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Finance, MBA, Chartered Accountant, CFA or FRM.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Capital markets domain.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Solid experience as a Business analyst including testing.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and judgmental skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel and basic knowledge of SQL.
- Experience of having worked on ADO (TFS) or similar tool.
- Experience of using automated testing tools.
- The nature of this function demands that it be led by a Business Analyst with excellent capital market domain experience and keen business analytic ability.This requires that the candidate have: (i) excellent knowledge of capital markets business; (ii) up-to-date, best practice experience with SDLC; (iii) a robust, cross-functional perspective to be able to bridge the business to information technology gap; and (iv) a perceptive and diplomatic ability to prioritize requirements.