PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Incumbents working as a Business Analyst II are responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to translate business needs into IT requirements. They are involved in all phases of the design, development and implementation of technology solutions throughout the business case and development life cycle processes supporting one or more business functions and several moderately complex business processes.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy and direction.
- Participates in short-term planning sessions with a client to implement process improvement within an assigned client area.
- Develops business cases.
Liaison: Serves as the link between the business, third party vendors and the IT technical team.
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyzes customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
Business Process: Analyzes and recommends improvements to business processes and models.
Feasibility: Provides factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements.
Testing: Develops user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing.
- Identifies and resolves issues.
- Uses new and varied analytical techniques.
Customer Satisfaction: Analyzes metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to the business units.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.