FCA’s Middle East Regional Office (MERO) was established in Amman in 2012. FCA works in Jordan, Palestine and Syria. FCA is particularly involved in helping Syrian refugees in Jordan and vulnerable youth from the host communities in the Education sector by providing learning support services and livelihood aspects.
Currently, FCA is seeking expressions of interest from qualified individuals in livelihoods with special focus on gender economic empowerment and micro to small-scale entrepreneurship opportunities fields to fill positions for a project for marginalized refugees and host community women.
This Post is for two Business Coaches with main capacity in training, coaching and monitoring previously existing and start-up businesses through the project Social and economic empowerment for women, funded by women’s bank. The project is being implemented in Irbid and capital governorates.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Follow up with FCA beneficiaries on the implementation of business plans, financial statements and projections, work plans and other valid related documents.
- Provide grants according to the milestones achieved in the work plan.
- Conduct one to one onsite sessions to mentor FCA beneficiaries after establishing their own businesses on administrative, legal, management and financial aspects according to developed work plan.
- Facilitate the linkages between different value chain suppliers and customers where applicable.
- Propose solutions and innovative approaches to enhance quality and effective implementation.
- Prepare weekly visit schedule to business owners to their homes (if they are Homebased Businesses) and shops.
- Create legal contracts between FCA and its beneficiaries that include details of grant installments and conditions.
- Modify FCA entrepreneurship curricula to adapt target group needs.
- Train selected beneficaries on Entrepreneurship skills according to FCA related curricula.
- Execute payments of daily allowances for beneficiaries according to FCA financial guidelines.
- Coordinate food catering services at training venues.
- Organise study tour visits for FCA beneficiarries to improve practical onsite learning of operating MSEs.
- Conduct capacity building sessions for FCA partners in Entrepreneurship and mentoring/ business coaching.
- Facilitate Women Group Discussions at targeted locations in coordination with FCA consultant
- Invite speakers and committee panel members at Entrepreneurship program.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support in development of activity-related forms related to beneficiaries.
- Collect data on FCA benefciaries.
- Facilitate M&E access to conduct surveys and sessions.
- Communicate with stakeholders and increase the visibility of the project via different channels.
- Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings.
- Participate in coordination and livelihood working group meeting when relevant.
- Attend training and workshops for personal development purposes.
- Laise with FCA legal consultant about beneficiaries contracts and other business related issues.
Other assignment tasks as necessary
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Minmum Bachelor degree or higher in social sciences/ other relevant field.
- At least 4 years experience in conducting training and capacity building, 2 year incase of holding postgraduate degree
- Previously Owning a business is an advantage.
- Excellent communitation and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience in supporting income generating activities in vulnerable context.
- Good understanding of long term development interventions
- Familiar with humanitarian concepts, guidelines such as CHS, HRBA, Do No Harm,
- Fully aware of the relevant innovative training techniques;
- self-motivated; comfortable working independently. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to lead a team of staff and coordinate tasks on timely manners.
- Patient in coaching others and willing to receive positive criticism from others.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
- Excellent English and Arabic
- Valid driving licence.
- This position is a full time contract and requires traveling within governorates of Jordan according to the project targeted areas and to business owners sites. FCA provides vehicles for transportation and do not provide drivers.