Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is a five-year program (2019 - 2023) funded by the Australian Government's aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia's agriculture sector.
- PRISMA will improve smallholder farmers' competitiveness and access to new markets, better inputs, know-how and technology. It will aim to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of a further 700,000 smallholder farming households in Indonesia by 2023 (including phase one 1 million farming households). The program operates in six provinces: East Java, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), Papua, West Papua and Central Java.
- The Business Consultant - Result Measurement will be responsible for the operationalisation of our state-of-the-art monitoring and result measurement system based on the standard for Results Measurement of the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development in several commodity sectors.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Result Measurement & Learning (RML), the Business Consultant - Results Measurement will assist in the set up and operationalisation of the monitoring and result measurement system of the program. Business Consultant - Results Measurement work in close collaboration with each other and with the Portfolio Team in terms of supporting the MRM process and make sure the data quality is acceptable.
This position will be expected to:
- Implement the monitoring and result measurement system for several agricultural sectors of the program based on guidelines following the DCED standards for results measurement.
- Work closely with the Implementation Team to develop intervention result chain, monitoring plan, projection, etc.
- Take lead on interventions' baseline and impact assessment studies by developing appropriate research methodology, data collection, and data analysis.
- Hire and manage research firm or individual enumerators to conduct study if required
- Support the Implementation Team in their regular intervention monitoring (gathering information from private sector partners and farmers) to enhance appropriate decision making and learning processes.
- Prepare Baseline and Impact Assessment report and present it to the Head of RML and Implementation Team. In addition, contribute to overall PRISMA reporting process.
- Update projected and actual impact numbers (farmer outreach, Partner's sales, farmer's income, etc) every semester before the reporting period.
- Take lead in one or two cross-cutting Result Measurement topics such as gender, poverty, nutrition, disability, etc.
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research and wherever possible design and lead research initiatives, ensuring proper use of research tools and methods, and assist sector team with research design and analysis where necessary.
- Be sensitive to gender and social inclusion in all interventions and support the Gender and Social Inclusion Team in specific research initiatives.
- Ensure proper documentation of results and learning across his/her sectors and facilitate the transfer of knowledge between sectors.
- Be an active member of the Result Measurement & Learning unit and contribute to its team spirit and culture.
- Undertake administrative tasks as required under the operations manual.
- At least graduate level qualifications in economics, business administration, agricultural, natural Sciences, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, finance, social sciences or an equivalent discipline
- A sound understanding of business and economics of how markets work, specifically in Indonesia
- Meticulous and detail oriented, able to work under own initiative and drive to complete tasks with little direct supervision
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheet or data analytic program (i.e.: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheet, STATA, SPSS, etc) for analysis
- Strong analytical mind and a flair for facts and data
- A love for out of the box thinking
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with partners and in teams
- Ability to understand social research principles and experience in social research is an advantage
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and ability to think 'out-of-the-box'
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both verbal and written skills
- Proven work experience is of great advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently is a must and should possess the ability to multitask in the office or in the field
- Experience in development project is not required