The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Business Development Consultant based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Business Development (TECB) the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Contribute to the drafting of the Digital Assistance Services for Governments (“DAS4G”) strategy and have it endorsed by key stakeholders;
- Map DAS4G guidance requirements and produce guidance for HQ, RB and Country Office consumption;
- Refine HR and other organisational requirements for a future DAS for governments delivery organisation;
- Develop a detailed customer engagement model;
- Based on ISPA tools and similar references, build out digital assistance services that can work in conjunction with or independently of WFP’s digital solutions;
- Detail out the DAS for governments service model and develop a full set of SLAs;
- Build a DAS for governments pricing model;
- Develop a DAS for governments communication and "south-south learning" strategy;
- Engage in customer needs discovery and coordinate with the Architecture, Product Development, Business Operations, Service Operations and Business Advisory teams to continuously improve our solution set and digital assistance service offering;
- Participate in social protection strategy and policy engagements, to support Country Offices in positioning digital assistance services within WFP’s contribution to the national social protection agenda;
- Foster partnerships for social protection systems design and implementation with stakeholders in governments, UN agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations, civil society, business and academia;
- Provide technical in-country and remote support and guidance to Country Offices in designing and implementing digital assistance interventions in support of national actors outside WFP;
- Delight end users and identify advocates within client organizations;
- Build feedback loops and trusted relationships with client supervisors and end users;
- Assess, document and communicate client-specific development opportunities in a way that facilitates follow-up by others;
- Research, document and disseminate to internal and external stakeholders how WFP interventions in the digital assistance service space contribute to Social Protection;
- Track utilization of our solution set and actively follow up on solution uptake;
- Facilitate South-South and triangular knowledge sharing to enhance national social protection programmes and develop this as an additional aspect of WFP’s digital assistance service portfolio;
- Where necessary, contribute to TECB’s day-to-day operations serving WFP’s own digital assistance services needs;
- Occasional telecommuting may be required;
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
Education: University degree in Economics, Business Management, Engineering, International Affairs, Social Sciences or a field relevant to international development assistance as well as technology project management.
Experience: At least 3 years of postgraduate, progressively responsible professional and project management experience in a client-facing role in either of the below (though a combination of several of them would be considered a particularly strong background)
- organisational design, modernisation and change management;
- technology implementation projects;
- government social safety nets programmes;
- planning, design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes.