The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
Reporting to the Private Sector Advisor, the Business Development and Private Sector Engagement Specialist will assist in the project’s engagement and partnerships with the private sector to contribute to quality TB detection and treatment outcomes. S/he will assist the Private Sector Advisor to review, design and/or enhance existing private sector strategies and work closely with national stakeholders to implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities. S/he will support the project in engaging the National TB Program and other relevant government departments to introduce international and local best practices and experience to create enabling environments for private and business sector engagement. S/he will also provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions.
The Business and Private Sector Engagement Officer will support the Private Sector Advisor in the following:
- Provide technical guidance to intermediary organizations that will coordinate services in the private sector in Philippines.
- Lead adaptation of existing NTP national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program.
- Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the private sector as necessary
- Contribute to project monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, including gathering and analyzing data.
- Collaborate with NTP, other partners and liaise with key stakeholders and professional societies to share information and learnings
- Participate in monitoring implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field trips.
- Lead the private sector engagement strategy for the project
- Lead relationship management with private sector partners engaged in the program, including corporations, impact investors, and accelerators
- Collaborate and build strategic partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders such as national government agencies, non-government organizations, regional and local governments, private sector organizations, local communities, and academic institutions
- Advanced degree in public health, international affairs, economics, business, social sciences or equivalent
- At least three (3) years of experience developing governance and management tools and programs that support sustainability of programs with the private sector
- At least two (2) years working on private sector and business engagement, governance and management
- Experience working with national TB programs
- Knowledge of and experience working in the field of health financing or health systems
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
- At least a master’s degree or its international equivalent in public health, health programs’ planning and management, operational and formative types of researches and/or related areas.
- At least 3 years of senior-level professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy, service delivery, health programs planning and management and supervising health systems activities and teams.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organizations’ projects and staff.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Philippines strongly desired.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.