Business Development Associate
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties for the Business Development and Diversification (BDD) department. This position requires knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include providing administrative support to BDD staff; scheduling and facilitating meetings; providing surge support to proposal teams and subsidiaries; and funder research and landscaping. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to the Director of BDD. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will initially be remote; however, the position will convert to in-person when the FHI 360 U.S. offices re-open.
- Responds to BDD staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Schedules and facilitates BDD meetings upon request, including virtual meetings, and provides meeting support (e.g., scheduling and setting up virtual meeting links, scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food and logistics).
- Supporting conference registration and retreat agenda development
- Supporting team expense reports and subcontractor paperwork
- Surge support for Salesforce data entry, data cleaning, and other initiatives
- Surge support for proposal formatting needs
- Surge support for due diligence documentation
- Surge support for learning and research requests, such as partner landscapes or profiles
- Lead new staff onboarding for system access integration
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Develops and demonstrates a strong understanding of FHI 360’s business development processes, procedures, and practices to include knowledge of the role of the BDD Unit within the organization and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established data systems (e.g. Salesforce, SharePoint), functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Uses Microsoft office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about BDD services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and resolves problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher levels.
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
- High School/GED Diploma or International Equivalent Experience required**
- Bachelor's or International Equivalent Experience degree preferred.
- 0 – 3 Years of related experience.
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.