Business Development Manager
Plan International, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Business Development Manager manages the Business Development Unit (BDU).
- The BDU is responsible for identifying funding opportunities in line with Plan Egypt’s program priorities, writing successful grant proposals in coordination with program colleagues in addition to strengthening our linkages with local donor missions and national offices.
- The Business Development Manager is needed to support the achievement of country fundraising targets and expanding the funding portfolio, while assisting the senior management at the Country Office in Egypt to develop a strong professional image among Plan donors so that additional grant funding is acquired to grow and support Plan’s program in Egypt.
- This will be achieved through actively seeking and maximizing opportunities for additional funding from a variety of sources.
Do you have what it takes?
- We are looking for a target driven Business Development Specialist with proven success in the areas of grant proposal development and managing donor relations.
- You will also be adept at building the capacity of local teams, enabling programme and business services to manage the full funding project cycles in accordance with donor requirements.
- In order to succeed in this role you will require experience of accessing humanitarian funding opportunities through global donors and experience of implementing programmes in line with international humanitarian standards.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills is required.