Business Development Manager
FH Association Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
Position Purpose: The Resource Development Manager is responsible for strategic leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition goals in line with FH Bangladesh’s (FHB) Country Strategy.
Key Result #1 – Donor Mapping and Engagement:
- Establish a country resource mobilization strategy in alignment with the FH’s global corporate strategy and FHB’s country strategy.
- Conduct donor mapping, set fiscal year resource mobilization targets, and monitor year to date progress.
- Proactively engage and deepen relationships with existing donors (i.e. UNHCR), establish preferred partner status with past donors (i.e. KOICA) and prospective donors (i.e. USAID, DFID, etc.), including bi/multi-lateral donors, private foundations and other non-traditional.
- Liaison between FHB and governmental authorities and ministries, Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs), private companies/foundations for collaborative programming, and strengthening and/or forming local consortium, etc.
- Increase organizational engagement and profile at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks are established.
- Develop and maintain business development resources and tools including opportunity tracking, proposal development guide, proposal templates, etc.
- Conduct advance intelligence gathering, partnership development, and other available resources, upcoming relevant funding opportunity are tracked and identified.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for funding in collaboration with relevant business country functions, region, and GSC technical teams.
- Proactively lead the development and deepening of partner relationships and network (government agencies, International Nongovernment Organizations (INGO), Local Nongovernmental Organizations (LNGOs) private sector and others. Create trust-based, high quality partnerships that contribute to the scaling and increasing quality of programs and impact.
- Host networking events to raise the profile of the organization and improve recognition with donors, peer agencies, and the government.
Key Result #2 – Proposal and Grant Development:
- Proactively develop concept notes and proposals, including log frame (design) and complementary budgets.
- Corresponding and negotiating the project revisions, modifications, and no-cost extensions.
- Achieve annual business pursuit targets working with institutional donors, foundations, corporations and implementing partners to enable FH Bangladesh to scale up programs and impact by securing increasing larger grants.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with FH Global and Country level program and technical teams and fellow SLT members to identify new program opportunities, cultivate donor/partner relationships and secure major new programme awards. Will be accountable for achieving annual secured funding targets.