Business Development Manager
FH Association Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The Resource Development Manager is responsible for strategic leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition goals in line with FH Bangladesh’s (FHB) Country Strategy.
Key Result #1 – Donor Mapping and Engagement:
- Establish a country resource mobilization strategy in alignment with the FH’s global corporate strategy and FHB’s country strategy.
- Conduct donor mapping, set fiscal year resource mobilization targets, and monitor year to date progress.
- Proactively engage and deepen relationships with existing donors (i.e. UNHCR), establish preferred partner status with past donors (i.e. KOICA) and prospective donors (i.e. USAID, DFID, etc.), including bi/multi-lateral donors, private foundations and other non-traditional.
- Liaison between FHB and governmental authorities and ministries, Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs), private companies/foundations for collaborative programming, and strengthening and/or forming local consortium, etc.
- Increase organizational engagement and profile at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks are established.
- Develop and maintain business development resources and tools including opportunity tracking, proposal development guide, proposal templates, etc.
- Conduct advance intelligence gathering, partnership development, and other available resources, upcoming relevant funding opportunity are tracked and identified.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for funding in collaboration with relevant business country functions, region, and GSC technical teams.
- Proactively lead the development and deepening of partner relationships and network (government agencies, International Nongovernment Organizations (INGO), Local Nongovernmental Organizations (LNGOs) private sector and others. Create trust-based, high quality partnerships that contribute to the scaling and increasing quality of programs and impact.
- Host networking events to raise the profile of the organization and improve recognition with donors, peer agencies, and the government.
Key Result #2 – Proposal and Grant Development:
- Proactively develop concept notes and proposals, including log frame (design) and complementary budgets.
- Corresponding and negotiating the project revisions, modifications, and no-cost extensions.
- Achieve annual business pursuit targets working with institutional donors, foundations, corporations and implementing partners to enable FH Bangladesh to scale up programs and impact by securing increasing larger grants.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with FH Global and Country level program and technical teams and fellow SLT members to identify new program opportunities, cultivate donor/partner relationships and secure major new programme awards. Will be accountable for achieving annual secured funding targets.
- Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH's policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience and successful track record in resource mobilization (different models and approaches including campaigns, grassroots efforts, etc.), marketing and communications with donors such as USAID, DFID, EU/ECHO, UN and others;
- Excellent English verbal and written skills, good presentation and reading skills with the ability to effectively communicate and positively influence;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Must work independently under difficult conditions;
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills Passionate about fulfilling FH mission of demonstrating the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty;
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues;
- Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes;
- Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles;
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
- Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support;
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time per year in country and internationally.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in business, International Development or similar field; At least five years related experience working with a large and complex International Non-Governmental Organizations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.