Fhi360, Anywhere, Zambia
Closing Date for Applications:
The Business Official will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and CDC acquisition and agreement procedures, rules and regulations. The position will be based in Zambia and will report to the PI.
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, accounting, and logistics
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Zambia laws
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets and advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
- Manage project procurement processes
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners other project stakeholders on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to CDC
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by CDC
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements standards:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. Preference given to Master's Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a bachelor’s accounting degree with 12 years’ experience;
- Minimum of ten years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing, and leading administrative and financial management, including building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners on large public health programs involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in Zambia
- Prior experience as a Finance Director/Business Official or senior leadership role at a similar level of a PEPFAR or CDC-funded project is required
- Strong knowledge of USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required as well as impeccable knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience, skills and ability to develop and adhere to high-level budgets of up to several million dollars encompassing multiple program areas spread across large geographies
- Strong skills in accounting software systems, standard applications in MS Office and database spreadsheets as well as strong writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage a high-volume work flow, adhere to timelines as well as to lead and work collaboratively with others and to develop and maintain sound professional relationships among project staff, partners, host government agencies, donors and other stakeholders
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel, and some international travel as assigned.