Business Operations Specialist
United Nations Volunteers, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
- Support in the review and assessment of existing processes, in close coordination with Country Offices (CO) management and the Regional Office (RO), and recommend and lead successful implementation of process improvements in line with the emerging Business Transformation
- Organize monthly meetings with the 15 Country Offices in MENA (FP nominated by COs management), including preparation of agenda, recording of minutes, preparing and delivering presentations underscoring pain points, challenges, areas of improvement, best practices and how best to support the field offices.
- Undertake desk research and analysis in the area of COs’ internal capacity enhancement and checking data and references to contribute to policy briefs, information materials, presentations and other visibility materials for reports, plans, studies, briefings, training, meetings/conferences, etc
- Identify and implement key performance management metrics into current and future programming and process design to enhance results-based programming.
- Assist with training Development, user documentation and system implementation based on COs requests and in coordination with relevant officers at RO level
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and knowledge management efforts, including through the production and maintenance of knowledge management tools related to the project in coordination with the Regional Staff Development Officer
- Prepare and send on a regular basis personalized correspondences to each country office, signaling discrepancies and advising on appropriate corrective actions to be taken.
- Provide general support to the Project Team in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project, in compliance with the donor administrative, legal and procedural requirements.
- Maintain an updated tracking of the project’s progress, and draft as well as contribute to regular reports in line with IOM standards and donor requirements.
- In close coordination with Project coordinator, ensure strategic and efficient management of project’s financial resources while advising on corrective actions and proposing alternative solutions to meet outcomes and needs of COs.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Master’s degree in business administration, organizational development, operations management, project management, or other related technical field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience.
- five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in leading strategy development and business transformation;
- Experience in the planning, coordination and / or monitoring of capacity building activities.
- Demonstrated ability to present a significant amount of information from various sources in a concise way
- Ability to plan activities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems.
- High level of computer literacy, knowledge of SAP is a distinct advantage and experience using Articulate Storyline, WebEx and Cornerstone (or other Learning Management System software) is desirable.
- International setting and/or multicultural environment in other missions/other countries is an added advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge