World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 35 development and relief programmes in 20 Districts across the country.
At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
Manages, designs, recommends and implements policies and procedures relating to change management, organizational development and learning. Facilitates implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated to support organizational transition activities and to increase employee engagement.
Provides effective P&C consultancy, guidance, technical and administrative expertise on all HR business processes to Colombo Office Departments. Drives the P&C Strategy in the Colombo Office (departments) and partners with relevant Colombo office Senior Leadership and HODs in support of implementing overall strategic business objectives of their respective departments.
- Organizational Learning and Development
- Advise and co design on training/development solutions to already Identified/diagnosed performance gaps through Performance evaluations.
- Recommend meaningful and relevant, employee and manager for training and development activities that link to company goals and objectives and meet the needs of managers to face change.
- Align and implement the Talent Management & Succession Planning process to ensure an integrated means of identifying, selecting, developing and retaining top talent within the organization.
- Lead and monitor Performance Management Process and methodology to ensure fair reward and recognition, boost engagement and productivity, create development strategies and ensure work place clarity.
NO (Colombo Office) – Business Partner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of people programs, policies and procedures and make recommendations to P&C and Colombo Office leadership.
- Partner with the client leadership team to resolve compensation, benefits, and OP- HRIS and job evaluation issues.
- Analyze trends using statistical and qualitative data to recommend initiatives to maximize employee engagement, productivity and retention.
- Administer all staffing requirements for the Colombo Office and respond timely to inquiries around compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
- Advise client leadership on potential legal compliance and liability issues and ensure WVL is complying with employee related legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Design, structure and lead change management approach and methodology for the people side change caused by projects and change efforts. (Project start ups and closures).
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct ‘readiness assessments’, evaluate results and present findings to the management in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan and work with each unit for implementation.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions Establish parameters to measure the early adoption, effective utilization and proficiency to new change initiatives for individual employees as well as groups or departments.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Collaborate with project teams and relevant departments to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Employee Engagement - Review and advice on Our Voice change plans for all staff.
- Employee Recognition Program - implement appropriate recognition programs.
- Develop a plan to apply for the status of ‘Great Place to Work’ for WVL.
- Be the liaison between WVL and bodies such as IPM (Institute of Personnel Management), AHRP (Association of Human Resource Professionals) to coordinate the application.
- Introduce to promote employee value proposition in the business communities.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Training and Development, Change management, or any relevant field.
- Professional certifications on Change Management, Organizational Leaning and development will be an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational, facilitation, interpersonal and cross cultural skills.
- Strong administrative skills and has an eye for details.
- Excellent inter-personnel relationship skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile when required.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
Proffered Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience implementing organizational design processes and programs within an organization.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience including working with and presenting to all leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Implementation experience that includes multiple key components of a change management strategy (e.g., stakeholder management, communication, change impact assessment, change readiness assessment, culture change, training, organization design, etc.).
- Must be positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as and when needed.