WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Good English language and the duty station’s language, Arabic. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
This job is based in Egypt Country Office. At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of security-related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action on a range of security issues, deal with staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other colleagues.
To perform a range of specialized and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Issuing staff Access Cards: Establish new staff members record, take staff photos & provide ICT with all data to synchronize it with the s/m profile.
- Establish & maintain an updated Country Office Warden System.
- Provide administrative assistance in purchasing the required security equipment.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff: working with Collaboration with Admin unit - to facilitate the Security Unit travels; Responsible to Raise mission Authorization on the system and follow up on appropriate approval- Follow up with Travel Unit on issuing the flight ticket and trip to be raised on the Wings II and then with finance.
- Provide Admin/logistic support for security trainings & events.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.