- Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
- In Lebanon, WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to 1.4 million vulnerable people a month, in the form of unrestricted assistance in-kind and cash-based transfers. WFP supports as well Lebanese schools with school meals and also supports vulnerable households in protecting and improving their livelihoods through trainings and rehabilitation of local infrastructures. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme, and Lebanon’s Emergency Crisis and COVID-19 Response Social Safety Net Project (ESSN)
Support the Country Office Fleet Operations, Fleet Management System Reporting and Car Pooling Projects
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration or his/her designate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical assistance in WFP vehicle fleet management including vehicle insurance and vehicle database operation;
- Organize timely and efficient maintenance of WFP vehicles; Check vehicle technical readiness for operation including insurance documents and drivers;
- Establish and maintain monitoring and control systems for all spare parts, lubricants, consumables and tyres issued and their proper utilization;
- Record all works carried out related to WFP vehicles;
- Monitor budget allocations for WFP fleet management purposes;
- Maintain liaison with Field Offices and service providers/suppliers with respect to the status of procurement, delivery, financial and insurance matters;
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all invoices;
- Collect and analyze all financial data and enter/ensure that it is entered correctly in WFP corporate system(s); Report discrepancies and irregularities to the supervisor;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports as required;
- Maintain safe and clean workshop(s) and proper use of WFP vehicles and other related equipment;
- Provide supervision, training and guidance for drivers as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in the field of Business Administration is a plus.
Experience: At least Four years of progressively responsible experience in commercial and light vehicle fleet management support or progressively responsible experience as senior mechanic in a workshop.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.