Under the direct supervision of Administrative Associate, the Administration Assistant (Guesthouse Management) will work in WFP Accommodation facilities in Sana’a and shall perform the following duties:
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
SPECIFIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serve as WFP accommodation focal point for WFP provided accommodation facilities, ensuring that rooms are properly maintained and guests are assisted before and during their stay, maintain appropriate and close coordination with external parties and contractors;
- Supervise and manage the performance of external suppliers to ensure high quality and reliable services to the residents- housekeeping, catering, etc.
- Ensure full inventory and management of NFIs in WFP rooms, apartments and common areas and perform regular physical inventory;
- Ensure proper management of apartments’ access cards and keys;
- Ensure timely maintenance and cleaning of meeting rooms, office and terrace areas, ensuring full readiness for events;
- Communicate and coordinate any support required from contractors and ETC staff throughout the events, and timely attend to any urgent needs.
- Provide regular reports to the Supervisor on the AOR.
- Manage occupancy and efficient allocation of rooms; ensure booking requests are received/processed through the Humanitarian Booking Hub;
- Define service requirements (cleaning, catering, maintenance and sanitation, security, utilities, transport, NFIs, etc.);
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering and Security Units to ensure efficient management of the premises as well as adequacy and safety of fixtures;
- Use the Digital Office within the Humanitarian Booking Hub for booking, occupancy and reporting;
- Maintain records of all accommodation management-related income and expenditures.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure quality standards are met, proper supplies and services are available, and furniture and equipment are in good working order;
- Work closely with the contractors and ensure adequate infrastructure maintenance schedules are in place and adhered to;
- Ensure regular supply, treatment and servicing of all water and sanitation related equipment, including septic tanks;
- Perform regular checks of emergency food/hibernation kit, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, ETBs, etc.;
- Ensure that contingency food stocks are properly stored and keep a tracking system updated and monitored; plan for the timely replenishment of the stocks.
- Oversee and coordinate the maintenance of equipment with relevant units;
- Explore possible green waste disposal options.
- Propose solutions for cost-effective and high quality and timely services; perform market search as/when required;
- Monitor and evaluate contracted work ensuring that contractors’ performance is in accordance with prescribed requirements and deliverables; apply Key Performance Indicators to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and lead improvement initiatives;
- Timely address all inconsistencies and, as/when required, escalate issues to the direct supervisor.
- • Establish a solid feedback mechanism with the residents;
- • Keep good communication with the residents and address any concern in a polite and timely manner;
- • Take swift actions on complaints and recommend improvements;
- • Maintain record of all incidents and ensure timely remedial actions.
- Perform other Units as required by the Administration Officer.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. A degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic & English languages
Nationality: Yemeni National / valid work/residency permit holders only.