The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is based at Peshawar Office, under the overall guidance of the Head of Provincial Office and direct supervision of Senior Admin Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Operation of Telephone Exchange
- Connect all in-coming and out-going calls to the respective staff on daily basis.
- Check and verify the monthly telephone bills of Telephone Exchange.
- Receive verbal telephone messages and forward to concerned staff in their absence.
- Keep updated list of telephone numbers of internal (WFP Staff) and external stakeholders including all government/non-government departments/officials, including their fax numbers.
- Generate monthly local desk extension bills and circulate among the staff
Taking appointment for meetings: On request of staff, coordinate with concerned Government and non-government departments, take appointments for meetings with WFP management / staff.
- Receive and dispatch all incoming and outgoing surface mail, register them into WFP database (E-Registry) and submit to the concerned staff on daily basis.
- Maintain E-Registry database and submit relevant report on monthly basis.
- Receive and scan invoices, make entries and upload into ITS (WFP Invoice Tracking System).
- To be well informed about Bids schedules and ensure submission/receipt of the same as per the deadlines.
- The bids box must be locked and keys must be with the assigned staff.
Filing System: Maintain the documents in relevant files properly marked with their numbers and descriptions.
Handling of Stationery/Toners for Printers
- Issue and record stationery/toners to staff on daily basis/when required.
- Prepare monthly issuance/balance report.
Any Other Business
- Submit the documents to Head of Office/OIC for approval, and take out the signed/approved documents and distribute them to the concerned units with proper record for reference.
- Support Admin Section in their day-to-day activities when required i.e. travel, facility/guest house management, car arrangement etc.
- Perform any other administrative tasks assigned by the supervisor/management as per office requirement and or as per developmental needs of the incumbent
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of Higher secondary school/ 12 years of Education (FA/FSc).
- Experience: Three or more years of working experience in general administrative work including Telephone Exchange, Registry etc. Experience with UN / INGO is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use computer/laptop with good typing speed.
- Good Command on MS Office, Telephone Exchange.
- Ability to operate variety of office equipment such as Photocopiers, Scanners, Facsimile etc.
- Ability to use tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions
Language: Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of Pushto is desirable.