Why work at WFP
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES :
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE :
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. The organization has a global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
At WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo, we provide strategic and technical guidance to WFP operations in 17 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, and Yemen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Support Assistants who can respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance. The ideal candidate is able to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. The successful candidate should have experience and knowledge in providing the highest standards of services to his/her customers at different levels in the organization. He/She will provide coordination and administrative services to support efficient and effective services for the respective Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through the provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to the improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Completion of a first university degree in Management, Economics or any other relevant field.
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency (Level C) in English and Arabic is required.