The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Knowledge of RITA is an advantage.
- General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different. Knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To facilitate the management of Logistics Sector/Cluster common service provision through the delivery of standard business support processes and functions, and to facilitate effective service delivery on behalf of Logistics Sector/Cluster partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Desk Officers for RITA- Cargo Tracking software for the Logistics Cluster. Focal point for receiving and releasing requests from partners.
- Facilitate the installation and dismantle of equipment furnished by the Logistics Sector to help fulfill its mandate, including Mobile Storage Units (MSUs) and Prefab Offices, and carry out regular field visits to support partners and hubs in the maintenance of Logistics Sector furnished equipment.
- Conduct regular inspections of the WFP furnished equipment at all locations where they are stored in Nigeria, and record and report any issues or anomalies.
- Receive, Dispatch and store the equipment items as instructed.
- Keep the equipment storage location clean and well maintained.
- Take responsibility for the update and maintenance of equipment tracking sheet, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative
- business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Minimum one years of experience working in MSU set up and dismantling