The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources and admin related field.
- Candidate with experience in Progressive HR Multinational corporation/ organization with orientation to deliver value added services to internal stakeholder will be preferred.
- Strong number orientation, good English written skills with good interpersonal of engagement with internal stakeholder.
- A confidential nature
- Expertise in advance MS Office skills in Excel, Power Point is a MUST.
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
The Business Support Assistant (Human Resources & Admin) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance in all talent acquisition process related to the recruitment and contract management of National / International staff.
- Provide HR helpdesk, monitoring and maintenance servcies. Respond to general queries and escalate where appropriate in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts etc and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Provide administrative and routine business support in various HR activities
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to a more senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Provide back-up support for general admin and procurement related tasks which include protocol, general admin duties and tender process and filing management.
- Perform other related duties as required.