Business Support Assistant
World Food Programme, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Maintain quick reference sheet of Minimum Operational Security Standards (SRM/ RSM) for equipment; Assist in developing and implementing SRM/ RSM and ensuring that all WFP offices are compliant.
- Maintain updated directories and security personnel lists;
- Supervise the distribution of visitor passes and issue building access passes; Prepare for the arrival of groups and special guests to WFP;
- Arrange/apply Trip security clearance for Security staff (and others on case by case basis).
- Design and update charts and tables utilizing graphic software for security briefing, update and track computer assisted processing of administrative actions;
- Updating Radio Check record on monthly basis.
- Maintain and update the office’s filing and reference system including confidential files, performance evaluation reports, and disciplinary actions; ensure all unit files – soft/hard copies are maintained.
- Identify staff security training (BSAFE and SSAFE) needs and maintain training records on SIOC database;
- Maintain missions and leave records of staff in staff planner.
- Make travel arrangements for security staff when required.
- Facilitate the processing of payments, creating of vendors for IPs.
- Raise purchase requisitions in WINGS (SAP) for security unit when required.
- Coordinate with Police for Clearance of Red Zone and 30 days DE entry passes for Vehicles and staff and vendors respectively.
- Maintain Team `Share calendar and produce weekly updates on arrival of external WFP missions or visitors.
- Support the supervisor/FSO to record incident reports in SIMSAS database provide report on all incidents that involve a breach of security procedures, injuries, thefts, etc.;
- Liaise with operation section of UNDSS SIOC in addition to updating headcount records in UNSIOC database for WFP on daily basis.
- Manage the Security database regarding daily activities, incidents, etc, including statistics and reporting; Provide reports upon request with thorough analysis as required;
- Monitoring LENEL on guard CCTV system.
- Conduct daily headcounts of all staff, that are collected from all WFP operating areas and are compiled in excel sheet.
- Updating dashboard for management as when needed
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Completion of higher secondary school certificate. A university degree in social sciences or related field is desirable
- Experience: Minimum five years of general administration experience is required. A prior experience related to administrative work in security related functions is an added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.