Business Support Assistant
World Food Programme, Blantyre, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE). A technical certificate in the relevant fields of telecommunication and radio oepration.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge in the telecommunication and Front Desk operations;
- Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
- Ability to prioritize workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies;
- Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English and chichewa.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate with WFP Security focal points to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures
- Monitor and channel all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicles and staff movement
- Produce monthly ad hoc Radio Check Reports
- Produce monthly Vehicle Tracking Reports
- Receive and channel all incoming telephone calls
- Maintain a log of all outgoing telephone calls made through the switchboard
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive list of staff with all their contacts
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work;
- Those with experience in radio operation will have an added advantage.