The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs) - Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality Administration practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The post holder will serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. The main duties include but not limited to:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Long Description
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER general services (details)
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance and emergency calls;
- Answers incoming calls and Directs call to staff, or departments through the switchboard or PBX system;
- Set up conference calls in different locations and time zones;
- Few more general services (details)
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mails from IDB main reception at regular intervals;
- Docking and record all mails in excel sheet (day –wise) and dispatch/ distribute to the concerned staff members and Unit/ Section. Receive outgoing mails from different section/units and record in excel sheet (day-wise) and handover to the local and overseas courier service providers;
- Record all outgoing mails in register and handover to the transport pool for hand delivery;
- Check and collect documents from WFP GPO Box number (located at General Post Office in Ramna, Dhaka) and dispatch to the concerned staff and section/unit;
- Check and reconcile the invoices local and overseas courier service providers and certify for payment;
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork;
- Any other duties assigned by WFP authority.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Higher secondary school education with training in Administration and Reception as minimum preferably bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field.
- Experience: A minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two years in reception and Administration management related field.
- Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.