ABOUT WFP ADD OFFICE
The WFP Addis Ababa Office (ADD) works through policy, advocacy and communications with a vision of positioning ADD as an effective and credible partner of the African Union (AU) and its organs and the Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), among other UN agencies. ADD provides expertise and liaison geared to build, grow and nurture these partnerships with a view to achieve Zero Hunger as articulated in the Agenda 2030 and Africa’s Agenda 2063. ADD is unique among WFP Liaison Offices, in that its role is not resource mobilization but rather offers through advocacy and policy formulation, the alignment of WFP country IRM/CSPs within the African Development agenda.
This job is located in WFP ADD office. Jobholder may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.