Business Support Assistant
World Food Programme, Gurugram, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the administrative supervision of the Chief RMFA, Rome and under the direct supervision of National Finance Officer, Vendor and Customer Master Data Management Unit, India, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Process requests for creation and/or maintenance of Vendor or Customer Master Records from Regional Bureaux/Country Offices and HQ units in accordance with established procedures upon receipt of relevant documentation.
- Verify supporting documents and forms received from HQ and field offices.
- Respond to above-mentioned requests and related enquiries within 48 hours from receipt of request or query.
- Provide guidance to HQ and field offices on issues relating to Vendor or Customer Master Records creation and management.
- Set up, classify and maintain unit files.
- Ensure that VMR documentation received is properly filed and authanicated by the approving officer.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of VMR-related reports/data as necessary.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of statistical data from computer files, records, databases, reports.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, computer, and maintain supplies; produce photocopies of materials as required, collate pages when necessary and issue materials as necessary.
- Ensure data integrity in the database, analyze results and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Provide input in the continuous update of Vendor or Customer Master Records creation and maintenance procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Qualifications: Secondary school education. First level university will be an added advantage.
- Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work. Good Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint is required.
- Language Requirement: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Hindi.
- The candidate should have ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies;
- Identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely;
- Ability to perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Ability to work patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.