Business Support Assistant
Closing Date for Applications:
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Head of Sub Office, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff
- Calculate and initiate entitlements for all travel and get approval under the supervision of administration based Cotonou.
- Review travel authorizations and prepare travel documents and requisitions in the relevant information systems under the supervision of administration-based Cotonou.
- Make hotel reservations under the supervision of administration based Cotonou.
- Review travel claims and requests for completeness of supporting documents, accuracy and validity; ensure that entitlements are in conformity with Staff Rules. Evaluate the effect of personal deviations on the cost of the official itinerary and entitlement. Calculate cost differentials brought about by enforced changes in the official itinerary as a result of routing difficulties or other reasons.
- Perform other duties as required
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in administrative area, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.