Business Support Assistant
World Food Program, Bangui, Central African Republic
Closing Date for Applications:
The Business Support Assistant (Administration) will work directly under the supervision of the Head of Administration and generally under the supervision of the Head of the Finance / Admin unit.
At this level, the incumbent will take responsibility for the proper implementation of various procedures and activities with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to produce structured and precise work and to carry out specific management support activities. They can provide guidance on current practices to other less experienced staff working in their field.
- Gather information with clear directions to help other staff write documents and prepare reports.
- Respond to questions and escalate points to the next level where appropriate, in order to provide reliable service on a timely basis.
- Help process and manage day-to-day administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas to aid in efficient and timely management of resources.
- Take charge of the management of certain standard systems and files to ensure that the information is reliable and that the department concerned has easy access to it.
- Provide guidance on common management support methods and practices to less experienced colleagues to ensure that services are provided consistently and to required standards.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds, gathering feedback as needed to provide management assistance to staff.
- Receive, record and compile requests for repair work on office equipment or equipment.
- Monitor the general condition of buildings and prepare monthly reports.
- Perform interior and exterior installation and maintenance work
- Manage everyday equipment, including doors, locks, furniture, water pumps, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of meeting or conference rooms, and other events, and ensure their smooth running.
- Organize the transport of material and equipment required by the previous tasks as needed.
- Use cleaning services to provide support in moving equipment and reorganizing workstations according to the layout plans received.
- Oversee the relocation of a workstation ensuring that the needs of staff members and space planning rules and limitations are met.
- Provide technical support and assistance to external subcontractors during specific maintenance programs.
- Perform carpentry work required by moving partitions or doors and repairing furniture as needed.
- Plan and monitor the daily work of handlers, cleaning agents and gardeners.
- Ensure the follow-up of installation and maintenance or repair work on air conditioners.
- Ensure, if necessary and / or if possible, the installation of air conditioners.
- Supervise the handling of office furniture and / or equipment.
- Plan the allocation of fuel to the sub-offices.
- Plan the maintenance of air conditioners and split sub offices with subcontractors.
- Meet the demand for sub-office needs.
- Install Prefabricated and Wickal offices.
- Find solutions to the exceptional problem that arise unexpectedly
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION (to be defined by the job manager):
- Be prepared to travel physically to all the CAR field offices for various interventions even in emergency situations.
- Have a sense of initiative while consulting your hierarchy for key decisions.
- To be oriented towards the solution.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Education: Completion of secondary education.
- Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible professional experiencein the relevant field, together with administrative work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- Well-versed in the use of office equipment and software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of the current procedures and methods to be applied to carry out the requested work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and courteous when exchanging information with people of various backgrounds.
- Ability to identify anomalies in data and correct problems requiring special attention.
- Ability to provide guidance or provide basic on-the-job training to less experienced staff.